ChangeWorks creates lasting change by:
- Conducting organizational assessments
- Helping to build a diverse staff and leadership team
- Providing seasoned interim management during transitions
- Strengthening staff recruitment, development, assessment and mentoring
- Developing positive organizational cultures and effective management.
- Creating alliances, collaborations and mergers to tackle big projects
- Collaborating on proposal-writing and new project development
- Assisting with strategic planning, including mission/vision, evaluation and goal-setting
- Recruiting new executives, staff and board members based on organizational needs
- Advising on administration and infrastructure for small nonprofits
We advise how to combine research, policy, coalition, and grass-roots work for powerful gains.
- Comprehensive advocacy campaigns
- Tactical research and policy development
- Community organizing and coalition development
- Lobbying and legislative advocacy strategies
- Strategic Communications (see our Communications page for details)
David West has 30 years of advocacy experience at the local, state and national levels and knows what can make advocacy campaigns successful.
This can be risky for nonprofit organizations. New leaders can bring new ideas and energy. But unplanned transitions require special attention from boards and leadership. We will work with board members and staff to make your transition one that takes the organization to a new level and builds a positive and energized organizational culture.
- Working through difficult leadership transitions with staff and Boards of Directors
- Managing transitions from founding executive directors to second and third generation leaders
- Finding new leaders that represent the changing demographics of our region
- Interim executive director leadership
- Succession planning
- Executive and board coaching